Whew. I don’t know about you, but April was a doozy of a month. Lots of lessons, lots of changes (perhaps I’ll write about those. Or I won’t. I haven’t decided), lots of growth. I’m still trying to wrap my head around it all.
Here are some things I know for sure.
- Nuns are actually the best.
- Airports are one of the best places to people-watch. So many interesting people with so many stories.
- If you’re a Midwesterner who doesn’t get out of the Midwest much, seeing the ocean is always a little exciting.
- Jesus wants everything. Don’t only bring Him stuff going on in your spiritual life. He’s interested in every part of you. Everything. Give it all to Him. Also…
- Pray with confidence. Pray with your desires and your dreams. Be bold. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want. Jesus wants us to be real with Him.
- Crying is exhausting. Emotions are hard. Ugh.
- I can’t believe it took me this long to experience a silent retreat, even though it was just one day? MORE PLEASE.
- My heart goes out to teens. There’s so much out there that’s marketed and spun to them and so much of it is hurtful. A lot makes me feel that way, but lately it’s been the hype around “13 Reasons Why.” It makes me sad that such a story is being pegged as harmless entertainment.
- Sometimes you find yourself four years out of college and realizing you didn’t know who you were or what you wanted in college, and wondering if you made the right choice of school and degree and career path. Is this what a quarter-life crisis feels like?