Ahh, spring. The days are longer and warmer. The air is starting to smell like fresh-cut grass and charcoal cook-outs. Flowers are in bloom. Trees are getting their green back. Birds and bugs have taken flight after a season in hiding. It’s a beautiful thing.
Spring is also a season for driving with your windows down while blasting your favorite sunny, upbeat tunes to celebrate the departure of winter. Good riddance.
What’s that? You don’t have a playlist of sunny, upbeat tunes yet??
It’s okay; I made you one! I actually started building it last year, but I’ve recently added to it. The whole playlist can be found here on Spotify. Below are some of my current favorites on it. Enjoy!
- The Black Keys, “Weight of Love”
- Twenty One Pilots, “Not Today”
- Lorde, “Tennis Court”
- Sufjan Stevens, “Chicago”
- Coldplay, “Yellow”
- Lucius, “Hey, Doreen”
- Lord Huron, “The Man Who Lives Forever”
- Mumford & Sons, “Ditmas”
- Hippo Campus, “Violet”
- The Avett Brothers, “At the Beach”
- Fleet Foxes, “Ragged Wood”
- The Head and the Heart, “Colors”
What songs make you think of spring? Share ’em with me in the comments!