Hey there! It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these. I have a lot of ground to cover since the last time I wrote a Things I’ve Been Learning Lately, so let’s jump right into it:
- Believe what you will about global warming, climate change, etc., but can we all agree that warm winters are great? January and February were downright balmy in Cincinnati; high temps seemed to barely dip below freezing. I ain’t mad.
- Decaf coffee is a godsend for people like me who can’t tolerate the caffeine levels of regular coffee. Thank you Lord.
- Getting a spiritual director is quite exciting. But also intimidating, especially when he also offers to be your confessor. Eep!
- If you ever want to learn how to really be happy, discerning your vocation is a good way to do it. I’ve learned so much about myself by just paying attention to what’s going on inside of me and how I react to things. Why didn’t I do this sooner?
- Trader Joe’s is the best and their cookie butter is a gift. Ohhhmygosh.
- The Lord accepts and purifies our imperfect desires. He always meets us halfway. Gah.
- Cooking for yourself most nights is really great in theory, until you realize that your job sometimes leaves you with little energy to grocery shop and cook. Chick-fil-a has been my best friend lately and I don’t hate it. (but my waistline might)
- Speaking of, I’m pretty sure you could directly insult a Chick-fil-a employee and he/she would still say “thank you.” They’re so dang polite. (please don’t test this theory, though)
- It doesn’t matter how long I’ve known the date of Ash Wednesday, it always sneaks up on me. (How’s your Lent going? Are you giving up or taking on anything unique or cool? Tell me about it!)
- If you want to start getting detached from things, start building up your relationship with God. It’s amazing how things fall into place when you make Him your priority.