Hello! March was quite a month for music finds and favorites. Here are some highlights.
- Have you heard of Jack Garratt? He’s great. Try on his song “Worry” for size. So chill.
- CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT LORDE? I’ve been waiting for her to release new music for like five years (not really but it sure felt like it) and she’s finally dropping tunes from a new album. “Green Light” and “Liability.” They’re more piano-driven than any of the songs on her debut album, Pure Heroine. I’m eager to see what the rest of her next album, Melancholy, will sound like.
- I’m sure you’ve heard that Fleet Foxes is (finally!!!) releasing a new album, Crack-Up, this summer. I’m still crying happy tears over the news. To hold us over until its June 16 release, they’ve dropped its first single, “Third of May/Odaigahara.” It sounds so…Fleet Foxes-y. But a bit more refined. I’m excited for the whole album.
- My favorite Irish duo Cry Monster Cry have put out a new single, “Things We Can’t Take Back.” It’s a bit moodier and not as folk-y as their other stuff and I love it.
- British singer/songwriter Johnny Flynn has just released his fourth album, Sillion, after a bit of a hiatus from music! It’s every bit as whimsical as I would expect a Johnny Flynn album to be.
- It’s not music but it’s related to music and it made me laugh: this video titled “Guy who likes music.” Enjoy.