Welcome back! August was a great month for music discoveries. Here’s the scoop:
- Indie folk rockers The Head and the Heart have a new album, Signs of Light, coming out next month and the singles that they’ve released from it so far are dynamite. Here’s “All We Ever Knew,” “Library Magic,” and “Colors.” I’m so excited for the new album.
- The Tallest Man on Earth has a gorgeous new single. I’m not sure if it means a new album is coming, but regardless, this track excites me. It’s called “Rivers” and it makes me feel things.
- Friendly reminder that music always sounds better through headphones. I haven’t used mine in awhile and I pulled them out to listen to Bear’s Den’s newest album last month and my mind was blown.
- California rockers Dawes are releasing a new album in September, on the heels of last year’s excellent All Your Favorite Bands. The album is called We’re All Gonna Die and its leading single is called “When The Tequila Runs Out.” A lot of fans seem divided with this song. When I first heard it I wasn’t a fan, but it’s growing on me. Dawes seems to be going in a new direction; I’m interested to see where they wind up.
- Have you listened to The National‘s Trouble Will Find Me album lately? It’s a few years old, and it’s one of those albums that I always forget about. But when I remember it and listen to it, it blows my mind. It’s so good. So damn melancholic, but so, so good.
- I’ve been on a bit of a Switchfoot kick lately. tbt to my middle and high school days.