Hello! Welcome back. It’s been awhile.
Travel makes it hard to share these little bits of wisdom on a regular basis. But that just means I have even more to cram into one post.
- Winter is messy. You track snow everywhere, your car gets a salty film on it, and once it warms up all that snow just turns into puddles. I’m over it.
- After living in West Virginia for over a year and a half I can finally say that I’ve tried a pepperoni roll from a gas station and it was everything I’ve ever wanted. Pepperoni rolls are love, pepperoni rolls are life.
- Maryland is one pretty state. I’ve driven through it like 3 times in the last month and it always blows me away.
- I don’t think I’ll ever not internally freak out in the presence of a bishop or Cardinal.
- The Eucharist is the greatest treasure of the Catholic faith. I’m convinced of it. It’s so important. And there are too many Catholics who don’t understand it, or who don’t think they need it. It makes me sad.
- Speaking of Catholic stuff, if you haven’t read Laudato si’, the Pope’s encyclical on the environment, yet, you probably should. It’s an eye-opening read.
- I finally tried Sriracha for the first time and I don’t think I can ever eat eggs without it again.
- Napoleon Dynamite gets more idiotic and pointless with age, but that’s okay. That just means it gets funnier, too.
- Don’t mess with your smartphone while it’s in your pocket. You might accidentally use your emergency dialer and then get a voicemail from the local 911 saying they got a hang-up dial from you.
- There’s nothing like Lent to make you realize the difference between a want and a need.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. It’s not a sign of weakness. And it might mean the difference between success and failure.