Happy 2016! I hope your new year is off to a good start. I’m getting ready to hit the road tomorrow to spend a few days in West Virginia’s eastern panhandle. It’s our first stint of a traveling road show that we’re doing to promote our summer camp and to do ministry nights in parishes throughout West Virginia. So I’ll be racking up a lot of miles over the next two months.
Here are a few things I’ve been learning over the past few weeks!
- If you’re tired enough, the floor is just as comfortable of a sleeping place as your bed. If you’re restless, it’s the worst.
- Staying up til midnight for New Years becomes less exciting and desirable the older you get.
- On that note, it’s okay not to go out on New Years Eve. There’s no shame in staying in that night.
- It doesn’t matter how often it happens; receiving answers to prayers is always joyous and super-humbling.
- Those adult coloring books that are all the rage right now? Super-relaxing. Would recommend.
- Seeing Star Wars with a popcorn and a Coke is much better than seeing it with just a bottle of water. #WisdomTeethRemovalProbs (Also, I think this is the only movie in recent memory that I’ve seen in theaters more than once. Good job, Star Wars.)
- Speaking of Star Wars, can we all just agree that Poe Dameron is the best space boyfriend we never had and that Kylo Ren is oddly attractive? Yes? Good.
- The Force Awakens also awakened several brilliant parody Twitter accounts. My faves: Emo Kylo Ren, Glum George Lucas, and Very Lonely Luke. I love Twitter. (you might not want to click any of those if you haven’t seen TFA yet, because spoilers.)