Welcome to Things I’ve Been Learning Lately, Tuesday edition.
Last week was pretty hectic, and the weekend was full of traveling, which left little time for reflection and writing. So I’m coming to ya on a Tuesday this time.
This feels weird. But we’re gonna do it anyway.
- Fall Daylight Savings Time is great the day the change happens and then it’s not much fun.
- Classic hits from the 80s and 90s somehow sound better on a road trip.
- If you’re embedded in a particular prayer routine, taking a few days off from that routine will throw you off and getting back into it after those abnormal days will feel really, really nice. Habitual prayer really does make a difference.
- Christmas is not defined by what your Starbucks cup looks like. Dear heavens, people.
- Assuming is not always a great move. Double-check. Get more information. Just don’t assume.
- 70-degree days in November, while welcome and not unusual, will always feel weird to me. #NorthernerProbs
- There’s no such thing as being too old for the Peanuts Movie.