Welcome to Friday! Welcome to the weekend! I hope yours is going better than mine is so far…I spent the last 48 hours running a session of seventh grade camp with an ever-worsening head cold. The combination of sick and exhausted that I feel is unlike anything I’ve felt before. I’m pretty sure I whispered “I’m dying” to myself at least a dozen times in the last two days.
Thank goodness for weekends that are for laying low and recuperating.
Here are some things I’ve been thinking about this past week…
- There’s nothing like a book by a great spiritual writer to make you realize that you’ve got God and prayer all wrong. A solid interior life is a worthy pursuit, but it’s not easy.
- The bunny exhibition hall at any state or county fair is the happiest place on earth.
- Seeing a wild black bear for the first time in your life is nothing short of exhilarating. Especially if you’re from a state where they don’t normally roam.
- Breakfast tacos are life and they totally should not just be eaten at breakfast.
- I love the road. It’s a tiring life, but even short road trips make me excited for the travel season of my second missionary year.
- 70-degree days are the best days.